Christmas Break

My two weeks off have been glorious and necessary.  I spent a few days with my family up north and  lots of days staying up past 9 PM and sleeping in past 5:30 AM.  I read two non-literary romance novels and one Wall Street Journal recommendation, and rediscovered the joy of Pokemon Yellow on Game Boy Color.  I saw college friends I haven't seen in a long time, and ate a greater variety of Christmas cookies than in any year past.

However, with two days left until second semester begins, I must begin to morph back into teacher mode.  I still have one part of semester exams to grade (sigh), so today's agenda involves making a second pot of coffee and grading while watching the entire first season of Downton Abbey, at least until my Green Bay Packers kick off against Minnesota at 7.  Tomorrow will have church, followed by season two of Downton Abbey and more grading - the food selection tomorrow will be very dependent on the results of tonight's playoff game.  We were supposed to have gotten the first round bye, but no...  Anyway, if things go badly, at least I have the Downton Abbey season premiere tomorrow night on PBS AND my new Kindle Fire I ordered set to arrive on Monday.  I purposefully tried to build happy things  into my life in case Aaron Rodgers can't pull through for us.  But he will.  I know he will.  It would be super embarrassing to be beat by the Vikings twice in two weeks.

For the nerds out there, I stumbled across this excellent blog on Facebook called the Grammarly Blog.  Scroll down until you get to the Hokey Pokey, Shakespeare Style.  I must use that next year.

And finally, the preview to season three of Downton Abbey - I love the producer's historical metaphors.  Enjoy!

Comments

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *