Day 115: Scientific Theory

Students will be able to use text evidence to defend a thesis.

Today I told my students that it was physically impossible to read silently and talk to a neighbor; studies show that the two tasks use the same part of the brain, and you can't multitask if the two tasks involve the same part of the brain.  I totally made this up - I don't remember a thing about my college psychology class, but it makes sense.  Of course, as soon as you tell a kid that it is physically impossible to do something, they immediately must test it out.

I now have scientific evidence based on experimentation of a sample of 130 tenth graders that it IS physically impossible to read silently and carry on a conversation at the same time.  Hypothesis, test, conclusion in action.


Comments

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *