ANOTHER Snow Day Blog

Freezing rain and snow filtered across our area this morning, so I find myself with another snow day and another E-Learning day. Brrr.

This threw me a little because I am missing HALF of my classes - two sections of AP English and my sociology class.  This puts my two English classes a day behind their peers, and I wanted to find a way to recreate the lecture experience for them.

I drove carefully to school, and my principal brainstormed with me to track down a free Chrome extension called Screencastify. I know plenty of business leaders and teachers out there already use screencast technology, but this was my first time. 

I managed to condense my 45-minute lecture from yesterday's classes into two 10-minute YouTube videos to send to my students, and it took me less than an hour to download the program, figure out the technology, record, and push it out to them.

I'm pretty proud of myself. If you're curious how I dug into Great Gatsby, here's one of my lectures:


Stay dry and warm, dear readers!

Comments

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *