Day 14: Witches on Friday the Thirteenth

Since we are starting The Crucible next week in my American Lit class, and since today was a pep rally schedule with shorter classes, and since my AP kiddos were finishing their Gatsby tests and I didn't feel like planning, we spent Friday the thirteenth addressing the stereotype of witches in modern day pop culture...yes, we watched YouTube videos.  Enjoy!






The Sabrina episode is my particular favorite. Interestingly, I only had two or three students in either section who were familiar with Monty Python. What a tragedy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the high school teachers who read this, a quick plug: the Ayn Rand Institute offers free copies of her novels to be taught in high school classes.  I just ordered a class set of Fountainhead for my AP kiddos - and it's TOTALLY FREE.  You must check it out.  Click on this link.

Comments

  1. I forgot how much I loved Sabrina the Teenage Witch! :) Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *