Year 5, Day 4: Prego Moment #1

I've thankfully been away from school for the bulk of my first trimester, so haven't inflicted any students with my prego brain, which is a real, real thing.

So last week I assigned my AP students a 400-700 word essay that is due Tuesday (today) by 8 PM.  After school today I spent 45 minutes reading the essays that were turned in.  We are using a new student submission program, OnCampus, this year, so I knew there would be some growing pains learning to use it, but I was perplexed at how many kids didn't turn in their essays and didn't email them (their backup plan).  I was also surprised at the number who turned them in after the 8 PM deadline. I entered zeroes and sent emails telling them to send their essays or their zeroes stayed, until one kind student responded frantically saying, "But Mrs. H, the assignment online and your email and the board said the deadline is 8 PM tonight!"

Then I remembered it is Tuesday and the deadline hasn't passed yet. But I've seriously been thinking the essay was due at 8 last night, and I thought it was weird there were kids who wanted to meet with me after school and discuss it after the deadline.  I set this deadline two weeks ago.  I guess I was so jazzed on being overly prepared and grading essays so early (it usually takes me 2-3 weeks to grade anything AP) that I seriously was off a whole day.  I had to then send lots of "DISREGARD!" emails to the kids I threatened with failure because they hadn't yet submitted their essay to the deadline that I set that hadn't yet passed...good gracious.

I'll keep you posted as the insanity just keeps coming.

All my poor mis-graded students with zeroes...and the deadline clearly says Tuesday.

Comments

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *