Y5 Wrap up: Questioning the Teacher

My AP English students had two options to turn in their final college portfolios they've been working on for the last two weeks: turn it in last Friday (giving me an extra weekend to grade) and skip my final exam time, or take the extra three days to finish but come to our full 90-minute exam period.  Most chose the latter, and to fill the time we had a Q&A with Mrs. H for any life lesson questions they had.  We kept track on the board - here's what they asked...
  • What was the scariest thing going into college?
  • What is your favorite food?
  • What were you involved in during high school?
  • Where do you buy a cello string on Good Friday?
  • What is the coolest experience you've ever had? Scariest? Most embarrassing?
  • What is the scariest thing that happened to your kids?
  • Should I get a job freshman year of college?
  • What is your favorite memory from this year?
  • What can you teach us about time management?
  • What is a minor? How do you choose a major? How do you change your major?
  • What do you dream about?
  • Do you know Jeremy Lin?
  • Would I get into Harvard?
  • What's a legacy kid?
  • What was your GPA in high school?
  • Do you have any advice for someone looking to go into teaching?
  • When do AP scores come out?
  • Have you ever considered quitting teaching?
  • What is a Roth-IRA?
  • What do I do in a car accident? If I see one?
  • Did you party in college?
  • How did you know you were ready to get married?
  • Do kids make a marriage better or worse?
  • Has a student ever made you cry?
It was a pleasant day - though I nearly lost my voice (again) after talking for three full exam periods.
Now onto grading their binders!  In the last half hour I've managed...four. 
**If you'd like to read answers to some of these questions, click here!

Comments

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *