Day 45: R - R - R - R

Students will be able to modify their research question to fit the results of their research and compose a thesis statement for their paper.

One of my students is doing his research paper on Spartacus, but couldn't find him in the encyclopedia I had in my room. I told him to look again. He did. I told him they were like a dictionary, with alphabetical entries. He said he knew that, but his S volume wasn't there. I followed him to the shelf and he pointed to the side of the books and said, "Look, they're all just R-R-R-R." I patiently explained that the R was the library label for Reference book, and showed him where the volume letters were. He thanked me, took his S volume, and walked away. Must be a Monday.

Comments

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *