Day 122: Hidden "Treasures"

I hate finding things my students have done in my classroom, and not knowing how long they've been there or who possibly did it.  For example, I found a copy of yesterday's bell work without a name on it, that had listed the occupation of one of the characters in our story as a "striper".  Not only was this student being a total donkey's bottom, he didn't even spell it right.  Last week I discovered one of my cabinet drawers in the back corner of my room near some desks was filled with empty chip bags and candy wrappers; whoever sits there is too lazy to throw them away.  Last semester I found a giant marshmallow (I've never seen such a huge marshmallow) stuck under one of the shelves of my bookcase.  A textbook with male genitalia drawn in it.  A dictionary with an entire conversation in Spanish on the inside cover.  Power Ranger stickers under desks.  A student who's been using the top of my cabinet as his binder all semester. I never know what I might find in my class that goes on without my knowledge, and I constantly experience the frustration of never being able to do anything about it.

More poetry today ("I thought we were done with poetry, miss!").  We learned new words - "shroud" "lamenting" "coquettish" and "deplorable".  Good day.

Comments

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *