Day 168.5: Bitching

Side note from today: after watching the Jeff Bliss video on Monday and discussing the implications of the student's outburst, one of my kids thought that the reason the sophomore got in trouble was because he used the word "bitching" to his teacher.  I told them that the way he used it was actually grammatically correct, and was a very appropriate, if slightly archaic, way of saying she complained a lot.  My grandma uses it all the time, usually to describe the lady in line in front of her who won't stop bitching at the cashier.  I told them that if I said, "Quit your bitching about your assignment!" I would be perfectly in the right...although most people today probably wouldn't see it that way.

So anyway, one of my young men was in ISS all day today.  I wasn't sure why, but one of his friends told me it was because he told his Spanish teacher to quit bitching at him.  While he was out of line, I feel just a teensy bit responsible for his full day of detention.

Comments

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *