Day 16: Ho-Hum Tuesday

Students will be able to summarize chapter 12 of TKAM and identify differences in point of view (Scout's, Calpurnia's, Rev. Sykes', etc.) 

My best friend from home is visiting this weekend from 1,100 miles away, so I have incentive to get all my planning and grading done ahead of time so I can see her this weekend.  If my class was just reading like we've been doing the better part of the last three weeks, planning would be easy, but after sitting through chapter 12 six times today - at 32 minutes a pop, that's over three hours I spent listening to my audiobook and glaring at sleepy students - I don't think I can do any more straight days of reading.  I created an extra rigorous group work assignment for tomorrow to cover chapter 13 and 14; we'll see how they do.  We haven't done any real group work yet.  If how they currently interact is any indication, three of my classes will rock at it, one will probably lose the privilege after round one, and two will be very, very quiet.  So yes, we'll see how it goes. I'm gearing up for a modified Socratic Seminar to analyze Atticus' courtroom speech on Monday, so tomorrow will be a small trial, so to speak.

Short post today.  Today wasn't too interesting. Which was TOTALLY okay. 

Comments

You may also like...

Contact Lizzy

Name

Email *

Message *